Pet Selection Counseling
Thinking about getting a new pet? Let us help you make the right choice!
We offer comprehensive pet selection counseling to help you select the pet that best suits your own personal lifestyle and needs. Simply fill out the form below, drop it off, mail or fax it to the hospital (574) 271-1938, and schedule an appointment for a consultation with one of our trained technicians. The fee for consultation includes a complimentary first examination for your new best friend within 30 days of the consultation date! Click here to download a Pet Selection questionnaire
Problem Behaviors? Let us help!
We offer in-depth consultations for problem behaviors such as house-soiling, separation anxiety, unruly and destructive behaviors, aggression, and more. Behavior consultations are scheduled with Dr. Julie Morris, who has been providing this service to the community for over fifteen years. Consultations generally last about 90 minutes. Follow up appointments are sometimes necessary. It is best if all interested parties attend the session, though you may wish to leave young children at home. Please bring your pet with you.
Ready to schedule? Please fill out the behavior consultation form (see link below), and click the submit button. Then give us a call at (574) 271-1909 and we’ll schedule your appointment! Click here to fill out a behavior consultation form
Resources to help you pick the right pet:
- The Right Dog For You: Choosing a Breed That Matches Your Personality, Family, and Lifestyle by Daniel F. Tortora, Ph.D. (1980) Fireside – Simon and Schuster, Inc.
- Perfect Puppy: How to Choose a Dog by its Behavior by Benjamin Hart, D.V.M., Lynette A. Hart (1997 – ninth printing). W.H. Freeman and Company.
- Your Purebred Puppy: A Buyers Guide by Michele Lowell (1990). Canada, Fitzhenry & Whiteside.
- Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey (1995). Pleasantville, NY: The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc.
Resources for understanding and training your dog:
- Living With Kids and Dogs… Without Losing Your Mind by Colleen Pelar, CPDT (2005). C & R Publishing, LLC.
- Don’t Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training by Karen Pryor (1984). New York: Bantam Books.
- Clicker Training for Dogs by Karen Pryor (1999). Waltham, MA: Sunshine Books, Inc.
- Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson (1996). Berkeley, CA: James & Kenneth Publishers.
- Dog Language: An Encyclopedia of Canine Behavior by Roger Abrantes (1997). Naperville, Illinois: Wakan Tanka Pulishers.