Problem Behaviors? Let us help!
We offer in-depth consultations for problem behaviors such as house-soiling, separation anxiety, unruly and destructive behaviors, aggression, and more. Behavior consultations are scheduled with Dr. Julie Morris, who has been providing this service to the community for over twenty years. Consultations generally last about 90 minutes. Follow up appointments are sometimes necessary. It is best if all interested parties attend the session, though you may wish to leave young children at home. Please bring your pet with you.
Please note: Because behavioral consultations require us to set aside a large block of time in order to properly assess and treat your pet, we require pre-payment in order to schedule your appointment. In addition, completed behavior consultation forms must be submitted 72 hours prior to a scheduled appointment.
Ready to schedule? Please fill out the behavior consultation form (see link below), and click the submit button. Then give us a call at (574) 271-1909 and we’ll schedule your appointment! Click here to fill out a behavior consultation form
Resources to help you pick the right pet:
- The Right Dog For You: Choosing a Breed That Matches Your Personality, Family, and Lifestyle by Daniel F. Tortora, Ph.D. (1980) Fireside – Simon and Schuster, Inc.
- Perfect Puppy: How to Choose a Dog by its Behavior by Benjamin Hart, D.V.M., Lynette A. Hart (1997 – ninth printing). W.H. Freeman and Company.
- Your Purebred Puppy: A Buyers Guide by Michele Lowell (1990). Canada, Fitzhenry & Whiteside.
- Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey (1995). Pleasantville, NY: The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc.
Resources for understanding and training your dog:
- Living With Kids and Dogs… Without Losing Your Mind by Colleen Pelar, CPDT (2005). C & R Publishing, LLC.
- Don’t Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training by Karen Pryor (1984). New York: Bantam Books.
- Clicker Training for Dogs by Karen Pryor (1999). Waltham, MA: Sunshine Books, Inc.
- Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson (1996). Berkeley, CA: James & Kenneth Publishers.
- Dog Language: An Encyclopedia of Canine Behavior by Roger Abrantes (1997). Naperville, Illinois: Wakan Tanka Pulishers.