PETLY: Manage Your Pet’s Health Online!
Our online, personalized pet health pages are just for you and your pet which will let you manage your pet’s health from one convenient place. Use Petly to:
- Request appointments online
- Request refills of prescriptions and special diets
- See your pet’s medical history
- View and print your pet’s exam and vaccination status.
- Learn information about keeping your pet healthy
VETS FIRST CHOICE ONLINE PHARMACY: Pet Prescriptions Delivered to your Door!
We do the work for you! Your pet’s prescription will be delivered to your home 2-3 business days after doctor approval. The advantages of Proxy Rx online pharmacy:
- Wide Variety
- Cost Effective
A flexible payment option for pet care needs. Please read terms and conditions before applying.
Take the Anxiety Out of the Visit!
Want to help eliminate your pet’s anxiety during trips to the vet? Click on the links below to get useful tips and information for their visit.
Help! My pet just ate a plant!
Did your pet eat something outside he shouldn’t have? Click on the link below to check out which plants may be toxic or not. Once there, you can also find signs to watch for after ingestion.
Coupons and Rebates!
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Royal Canin Pet Health Nutrition
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition (a great resource for how to feed prescription diets)
- Humane Society of the United States
- Lara’s Kind Care Dog Training (a great trainer and pet sitter located in Southwest Michigan)
- Memorial Tributes (make an online remembrance of your best friend; sponsored by the South Bend Tribune)
- PennHip: The University of Pennsylvania Hip Improvement Program
- Planet Canine (a great local resource for physical therapy and training, with amenities including a canine pool, a canine treadmill, and a variety of obedience and agility training options)
- Veterinary Partner (an excellent resource on many pet healthcare topics)
- Nationwide (Pet Health Insurance)
Resources to help you pick the right pet:
The Right Dog For You: Choosing a Breed That Matches Your Personality, Family, and Lifestyle by Daniel F. Tortora, Ph.D. (1980) Fireside – Simon and Schuster, Inc.
The Perfect Puppy: How to Choose a Dog by its Behavior by Benjamin Hart, D.V.M., Lynette A. Hart (1997 – ninth printing). W.H. Freeman and Company.
Your Purebred Puppy: A Buyers Guide by Michele Lowell (1990). Canada, Fitzhenry & Whiteside.
The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey (1995). Pleasantville, NY: The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc.
Resources for understanding and training your dog:
Living With Kids and Dogs… Without Losing Your Mind by Colleen Pelar, CPDT (2005). C & R Publishing, LLC.
Don’t Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training by Karen Pryor (1984). New York: Bantam Books.
Clicker Training for Dogs by Karen Pryor (1999). Waltham, MA: Sunshine Books, Inc.
The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson (1996). Berkeley, CA: James & Kenneth Publishers.
Dog Language: An Encyclopedia of Canine Behavior by Roger Abrantes (1997). Naperville, Illinois: Wakan Tanka Pulishers.