Helping you pick the right pet:
Resources for understanding and training your dog:
- The Right Dog For You: Choosing a Breed That Matches Your Personality, Family, and Lifestyle by Daniel F. Tortora, Ph.D. (1980) Fireside – Simon and Schuster, Inc.
- The Perfect Puppy: How to Choose a Dog by its Behavior by Benjamin Hart, D.V.M., Lynette A. Hart (1997 – ninth printing). W.H. Freeman and Company.
- Your Purebred Puppy: A Buyers Guide by Michele Lowell (1990). Canada, Fitzhenry & Whiteside.
- The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey (1995). Pleasantville, NY: The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc.
- Living With Kids and Dogs… Without Losing Your Mind by Colleen Pelar, CPDT (2005). C & R Publishing, LLC.
- Don’t Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training by Karen Pryor (1984). New York: Bantam Books.
- Clicker Training for Dogs by Karen Pryor (1999). Waltham, MA: Sunshine Books, Inc.
- The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson (1996). Berkeley, CA: James & Kenneth Publishers.
- Dog Language: An Encyclopedia of Canine Behavior by Roger Abrantes (1997). Naperville, Illinois: Wakan Tanka Pulishers.